Registration now open for the AFMA Technical Writing Skills Workshop!
We are pleased to announce that the AFMA Technical Writing Skills Workshop will take place on Monday, 12 October 2020.
Today, technology has expanded into every aspect of business. Whether you follow a career in marketing or science, you often have to communicate highly complex concepts and processes to non-technical audiences. And let’s face it, content writing is not easy for all - even experienced writers sometimes feel the need to refine their writing skills.
The programme of the workshop has been put together by industry experts to teach you the skills you need to write effectively and with confidence. Moreover, the programme includes practical writing exercises and feedback on submitted work.
Our virtual platform has been tailored to ensure effective engagement between presenters and participants, real-time comments, and raising hand tools.
- Identify and understand your topic
- Differentiate between scientific and technical articles
- Know the basics of good technical writing
- Write for different audiences
- Understand the components of an article
- Develop graphs, tables and other illustrations
- Apply editing techniques to polish your technical writing
- Learn to apply correct referencing
- Understand the ethics of writing
- Dr Pieter Henning, Freelance Animal Scientist
- Derick van der Walt, Owner of Greenpepper Communication, editor at Porcus and SAPPO’s digital publications, and co-founder and director of the SA Publication Forum
- Izak Hofmeyr, Editor at Stockfarm
- Denene Erasmus, Editor at Farmer’s Weekly
Registration fee for AFMA members: R980 per person (excl. VAT)
- The number of participants is limited to 30 and will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Your attendance will be confirmed via e-mail after registration.
- Learning material will be supplied.
For more information or enquiries, contact the AFMA office on telephone +27 (0)12 663 9097 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.